- The Dams or any diversion should be constructed before.
- The flood mapping must be done well in advance and accordingly to probabilistic flooding, the settlement must be shifted.
- The monitoring of the water sources need to be done in regular basis.
- The high alert system to the public need to be made.
- The settlement must be done in the high terrine areas rather than lower arrears prone to flooding.
- The diversion canals must be constructed.
- The mapping of high areas during flooding must be identified and be shifted to those areas.
- First Aid and other basic amenities should be managed in local level and should be preserved in needy.
- Boats and Ropes and other important accessories must be preserved and stored in safe place so that it can be used in needy.